Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Induction scheduled for Friday

We were very anxious to get to our doctors appointment this morning, only to find out that I haven't progressed as much as we hoped. All the walks and water areobics aren't really making me progress much. (I LOVE MY GENES!!)
We told my doctor about the early labor contractions and ALL the discomfort for the past 4 days. I asked if I could be induced as soon as possible. she said that was a possibility, but the Birth Center only takes a certain amount of inductions a day (today was booked) so we're scheduled for Friday morning. They will call me at 7AM and tell us when to come in. If things go smoothly (as hoped), we'll be holding Miss D. in our arms on Friday evening!!

As Grant and I were driving home we were discussing that it's a little frustrating because we think of this experience as the BIGGEST and BEST day of our lives, but the doctors, nurses, and staff think it's just another day on the job so I shouldn't be too discouraged. I know this pregnancy has prolonged for a reason (maybe she's waiting for those extra couple strands of hair to grow in... point being is that we've waited long enough so come out already!!

Think happy thoughts for a quick and easy labor on Friday. We'll be posting photos shortly after she's born so you can see how cute she is. Who knows, she might surprise us and come early... but I'm not betting on it. ~K :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know sometimes just making the induction appointment is all it takes. I did have one for Tyler on the Monday after he was born. (on a Saturday!) I know it's hard waiting for the big day but you are right she is just waiting for the right time. Glad that you made it through the weekend and we look forward to seeing pictures on Friday!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard waiting for your little one. Been there done that. Just know that the longer she stays there the closer she is to your heart. She is so comfortable she just doesn't want to leave. She will be here soon and then the joys and adventures begin.
My prayers are with you and know that we love you very much.
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

You know what, life doesn't give a shit about all the planning and all the ways you hoped everything would go with your birth.

I don't mean that to be depressing at all, but rather a reminder of how random life is.

My wife and I, per the instructions of our childbirth class instructor, had a detailed "birth plan" written out and submitted to the Childbirth Center WELL before the actual due date. We had all these plans about for a drug free birth, with as little medical intervention as possible.

Well, life, or the universe, or some deity with a sadistic streak, had other plans. 31 hours of labor and tons of mecical intervention later, our son crossed the barrier and came into our lives in the flesh, and no matter how he got here, he's been NOTHING but a blessing.

I can't wait to see your baby!!!

Peace and love,
Howard

Anonymous said...

Your English cousins are thinking of you and are sending good thoughts across the Atlantic!~!


My mums birthday ( Grandma Joans sister) was July 29th-thought you three guys could be going for the sameday -with the 8 hour time diference who knows?!!

Best wishes for tomorrow :
Here's to some exciting news soon!!

Love Andrew & Tim

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking of you on Friday. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Bill and Bob

Kevin Kincade said...

Good Luck Krissy!! I will be thinking about you all day. Just remember, the epidural is your friend. As my wise mother told me in the middle of my very active labor, "get the epidural and you will enjoy this experience". Make sure Grant knows he needs to wait on you hand and foot for the first (at least) ten days post partum. Seriously Grant, take care of her, I will call to make sure you are.
All my love and prayers, Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! That little stubborn girl of yours may know what she is doing. I was a month late when I was born and look how terrific I turned out! LOL Can't wait till she's here so I can take a road trip to come up and visit.

Love you guys!
Molly

Anonymous said...

Hi

No news yet?
Hope to hear soon!

Only 3 hours till July 29th here in the UK-I reckon it could still all happen on my mums birthday-29th-

By the way Molly, she was called Molly as well!!( Her real names were Helen, Heather, Yvonne-but her dad called her Molly, and it stuck!!)
Thinking of you all:
Andrew & Tim