Thursday, July 06, 2006

10 Days and counting...

We had our Dr. appt today and she's still "marinating". 10 days and counting, but I have a sick motherly feeling she'll be fashionably late!!

Everything is set, we've taken the classes, toured the childbirth center, washed all the tini tiny clothes (mostly pink), we've practiced using the baby bjorn, the cats have had fun helping Grant and I put the adorable froggy nursery together. All we are waiting for is our precious little princess to meet us!!

These days I find myself day dreaming frequently about baby DeRemer and what she's going to look like. I hope she has my eyes and her daddy's auburn hair (yes, Grant had auburn hair back in the day, I have photos to prove it!!) Whatever she has or doesn't, we are just really excited to kiss her tiny face and love her unconditionally.

As the days pass slowly but surely... the late pregnancy perks (or lack there of) are defintely kicking into full gear. I find myself making 4 or more trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I snuggle 5 pillows now instead of Grant, I have a fan blowing on me at all times, my ankles, feet, hands, face, you name it, it's swollen!! And the best of all consuming more tums than I wish upon anyone. BUT IT'S ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE, right moms?!!

I called my mom today to tell her about my appt and to complain about the perks of late pregnancy and the advice she gave me is to relax and to enjoy the last couple of weeks with Grant because the next 18 years are going to be pure heck!! All I can say is BRING IT ON!!

No comments: