Tuesday, August 22, 2006

In Memoriam: Waify DeRemer 1995 - 2006

Krissy and I are saddened to announce the passing of our pet Waify. To those of you who know me, or stayed at our place, you probably knew that I was way too attached to my cat, Waify. I "rescued" Waify around 1998 and we were inseperable ever since. Krissy often joked that I liked the cat too much. Waify always seemed to appreciate the better life I showed him. He was loyal, followed me everywhere, came when I called him, and was generally everything one could want out of a feline friend. It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my feline friend, who was diagnosed with incurable cancer a mere few weeks ago.

As I ponder my feelings and the great sadness I feel, I have been thinking about how it can be that the passing of a pet can affect me so. It may be because I have always been his entrusted caretaker, and can no longer protect him. Also, he cannot speak on his own behalf, so I can only imagine or feel for him what his final days were like... At any rate, I know I was blessed with such a great pet and can only be saddened that he was not able to spend a few more years as my companion.

In Waify's honor, I leave you with a couple of pictures, and a video of Waify playing with his beloved pal Bogey.







-Grant

6 comments:

Grant & Krissy said...

Waify is the greatest cat EVER!! The one thing that keeps running through my head when I look at pictures or think about him is how cute he looked when he begged for pouncies. He had the greatest personality and will surely be missed!!

Anonymous said...

Waify had a wonderful life with you. No pet could have asked for a better friend.

GG

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for both of you. I sadly know how hard it is to loose your smallest but greatest best friend and it is something only great memories and time can help. I'm thankfull though that over the years I was able to bond with my buddy Waify and can still see him doing belly flops for me and playing with with me. Grant he is so very lucky he had you in his life to take care of him and protect him.

Anonymous said...

Grant & Krissy, I am so sorry to hear about your Waify. Losing a precious pet is always such a hard reality of life. Just focus on how you provided him with love and a wonderful home. He may be gone ... but not forgotten and will remain in your heart forever. My love to you both.

Kevin Kincade said...

Sorry to hear about Waify. I can totally understand your attachment and feelings. He was a great cat. Take care and you're in our thoughts.

Grant & Krissy said...

Thank you all for your kind words, and we thank those of you also who sent us the kind cards. Very thoughtful. Boy do I miss my fuzzy friend... -g